Membership of the Adaptation Sub-Committee
The Adaptation Sub-Committee (ASC) is chaired by The Baroness Brown of Cambridge DBE and is made up of experts in the fields of climate change impacts, science, environmental economics, conservation, public health and business.
It provides independent, expert advice on preparing for and adapting to climate change to UK and devolved governments and parliaments.
Committee members have a duty to:
- act impartially and objectively
- avoid conflicts of interest
Baroness Brown of Cambridge DBE FREng FRS
Baroness Brown is an engineer and a crossbench member of the House of Lords.
She is also Deputy Chair of the Committee on Climate Change.
She holds the following positions:
- Chair of the Henry Royce Institute for Advanced Materials
- Non-Executive Director of the Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult
- Chair of STEM Learning Ltd
Her previous roles include:
- Non-Executive Director of the Green Investment Bank
- senior engineering and manufacturing positions at Rolls-Royce plc
- academic positions at Cambridge University and Imperial College
- Vice Chancellor at Aston University
Professor Jim Hall FREng
Professor Jim Hall is Director of the Environmental Change Institute at Oxford University, where he is Professor of Climate and Environmental Risks.
- Editor of the journal, Water Resources Research
- an advisor to the World Bank on water security
- a member of the National Infrastructure Commission Expert Advisory Group
Professor Hall was previously:
- co-chair of the OECD/Global Water Partnership Task Force on Water Security and Sustainable Economic Growth
- a member of the Engineering Policy Committee of the Royal Academy of Engineering
Professor Dame Anne Johnson DBE FMedSci
Professor Dame Anne Johnson is a doctor specialising in public health at University College London (UCL).
- Vice Dean International
- Professor of Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- Chair of the Population and Lifelong Health Domain
Professor Johnson was previously:
- a member of the UCL/Lancet Commission report on managing the health effects of climate change
- Chair of the Medical Research Council’s Population Health Sciences Group
Ece Ozdemiroglu is an environmental economist and the founding director of Eftec (Economics For the Environment Consultancy).
At Eftec she has directed over 450 projects interpreting the economic value of natural assets and infrastructure that are impacted by climate change.
Her other roles include:
- Economics Lead of the Valuing Nature Programme
- member of the Natural Capital Initiative steering group
- Associate Editor of the Journal for Environmental Economics and Policy
Rosalyn Schofield LLB
Rosalyn Schofield is a solicitor. She is Director of Company Secretariat at Associated British Foods plc, where she has global responsibility for the environmental sustainability and impact of the business.
She has previously worked as:
- Legal Director at JD Wetherspoon plc
- a commercial property lawyer in private practice
Sir Graham Wynne, CBE
Sir Graham Wynne is:
- Senior Advisor to the Prince of Wales’s International Sustainability Unit
- a member of the Board of the Institute for European Environmental Policy
- a trustee of Green Alliance
He was previously:
- Chief Executive and Director of Conservation of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB)
- a member of several review panels, including the Policy Commission on the Future of Farming and Food and England’s Wildlife Network