VA Boston Healthcare System
By working for the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, you ll have access to a wider range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips.
At the VA Boston Healthcare System, we are well known for our high scores in patient satisfaction. We strive to hire only the best! Working with and for America’s veterans is a privilege, and we pride ourselves on the quality of care we provide. If you have what it takes, please consider applying for one of our available positions.
The Human Resources Office is located at the Brockton campus of the VA Boston Healthcare System on the 1st floor, Building 1, and is available for applicants Monday through Friday, between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Visit our Job Information Office to view our announcements, complete any necessary materials, and submit your application package.
If you need additional information, please contact our Human Resources Management Service at (774) 826-1269.
If you are a nursing professional interested in working for VA Boston Healthcare System, please view the vacancy link above.
If you are applying to a vacancy for student employment, please complete and include the Student Verification Form ; SUMMER Student Verification Form.
Applicant Supply File (ASF)
To place your application on file with Human Resources for potential future vacancies; please complete the appropriate attached ASF packet and forward with the appropriate forms to the contact listed on the bottom of page-1 of each packet.
– Registered Nurses Complete the ASF RN Packet ASF RN Packet
– Licensed Practical Nurses Complete the ASF LPN Packet ASF LPN Packet
– Certified Nursing Assistants Complete the ASF CNA Packet ASF CNA Packet
– Medical Allied Health Occupations Complete the ASF Title 38 Packet Title 38 Packet
– Title V Occupations (see the list of accepted occupations and categories on page-1) Complete the ASF Title V Packet ASF Title V Packet
A description of employee benefits is available on the US Office of Personnel Management Employment and Benefits page*. Please note that benefits may differ for professional clinical occupations including physicians and registered nurses.
VA Job Applications and Forms
Application instructions specific to each job posting can be found at the end of the announcement. Some positions require you to apply online, while others require that you submit a paper application directly to each VA facility where you desire employment.
VA has several different application forms based on your occupation type. Look in the table below to find the correct application for your occupation, as well as additional required forms.
Responding to a Job Announcement
Be sure to follow the application instructions given in the job announcement. They are your primary guide for responding to a posted opening. Here are additional reminders for submitting an application:
- Please send your signed, completed application and any other required forms to the Organization Contact at the Organization Address, both of which are listed at the end of the job announcement.
- Write the Announcement Number, also listed at the end of the job announcement, on your application.
- Keep a copy of the entire application package for your records.
The documents below are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Acrobat Reader software can be downloaded for free .
VA Job Applications and Forms